Monday, May 7, 2007

Stop messing with me! Part II

Just when I thought things couldn't get a little wackier, they did on my trip home. I boarded my flight in DC and had a layover in MSP. Well my flight was 20 mins late, which put me 20 mins late getting into MSP and then we sat on the plane for 10 min so that was a total of 30 mins late. I had a 50 min layover...that means I had around 15-20 mins to get to my plane before take off. I get off the plane, check the monitors and had to switch terminals. You know how you see people running in an airport and think "man, glad thats not me", well it happened Friday night. So I eventually got to my plane on time with about 3 mins to spare.

I arrive in Omaha and take a cab to Ann and Eric's. I took a taxi to their place and went to the apartment that they were leaving their keys with, it was about 11:30. Well the couple who was supposed to have the keys weren't there. After much trial and error and meeting about 5 people in Ann's building, we figured out they went downtown to drink. Great. It was about 12:30am at this time and the bars are only open until 1am. So I went to the rooftop and hung out on the patio furniture until a little after 1am. Finally, I got the keys and got in.

Next morning I got up and went to Lincoln and had lunch with Mom and Jamie. We dropped Jamie off and I was driving the sub, well I was going a little too fast. I got pulled over by a cop (first time in 2 years) standing on the curb behind trees. So he pulls me over and asks if I know the speed limit, I said yes 35 and he said you were going 43, I said so I guess I get a ticket, he says no I just need license and registration. Well I didn't have mine...it was left in Tigh's apt in my coat. Somehow I get off with a warning.

So that was about the wrap up of my mishaps, maybe the half marathon was trying due to the rain but more about that in the next post. I really don't know what all these tests were for. It was like it was bad and then it would keep me hanging on by a string but then everything in the end would work out. I just don't get it cause if anyone knows me, I'm not a patient person!

PS. Here are a few pics from Saturday, maybe more later

Me and Jamie

Me and Mom

Tigh, Me, Nikki

Tigh and I

No comments: