Thursday, May 3, 2007

Stop messing with me!

As if this week couldn't get any more crazy today is surprisingly did. Today I get to work and I had an email from my contractor (employer) saying that they were stopping all internship and all jobs, that they were closing. I thought it was a sick joke. But no, turned out to be true. I immediately freaked out, I had no job. I pictured myself back at my parents house working at the pharmacy, which actually sounded good at that point.

I know how things work with funding by being a civilian in the AF so I was not hopefully for a resolution. At this point I started contacting all my old employers and also a contracting company for Union Pacific. Well Bruce at AFWA said they had one opening I could try for. I looked at the application and was for sure I wasn't qualified. Then the guy for UP told me they weren't looking but then said he could probably coax them to take another person, by the end of the day I was talking salary with him. So that was good.

The afternoon continued on and the big whigs had meetings with other big whigs. About 230 it was told to us (43 people w/out jobs) that another contractor and picked us up. The transition was effective this Saturday and we would all have same salaries and same contracts. Thank goodness.

However, to be honest, I was getting a little excited at the fact I might have to move home. But I felt it still wasn't time to. But then I was thinking, am I missing some signs here to move home? I mean just Sunday this Matt thing takes a dive cause of distance. Then today I have no employer for a day. Am I missing the boat? I don't think I am, but I really don't like these little tests. I mean, first sick, then the boy issue, then this job thing! This job thing really put me over the edge! But it was good to know I could of had a job in almost 24 hours after knowing I didn't have one. I'll remember that come December or earlier.

So now I can relax, well not really. I need to run my last run before the half! Only 2 miles. Then I need to do laundry and get packed. I will probably just leave from work tomorrow and go to the airport then. I haven't even had time to think about this race after today. I also need to print off the confirmation to pick up my packet. Well I better get this run over with and start with the other stuff. But the office is new tonight! WHOO HOO!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tell you, you have some of the weirdest things happen to you!! Hopefully your visit home will be relaxing....well except for the race.....
~Melissa~