I RAN A HALF MARATHON!
That's right, I did it! I can't believe I ran 13.1 miles!
Sunday morning I woke up hoping that the weather would be cooperating, quickly I found out I was disappointed. It was raining and it was raining good. I checked the radar and it wasn't going to stop anytime soon. Tigh and I got ready and Nikki drove us to campus. I don't know what it is about races but they are just so upbeat and exciting to be around. For some reason I wasn't too nervous, I guess I knew that everyone else would be battling the wind and rain.
The race started off really well, at mile 2 I was just laughing about how soaked I already was. It rained until mile 5-6. Around miles 7-8 I got very spunky and started kicking it up and passing people and don't know why. But that quickly stopped because I didn't want to over do it. It wasn't until about mile 10 that I was starting to get impatient with running and wanted the race over. But we were in the home stretch then. I don't think it hit me until mile 11 and Tigh said to me "we are actually going to finish this". And it hit me, we were going to finish a half marathon! I was feeling pretty inspired at this point and the rest was just more or less a blur through downtown Lincoln. We crossed the finish line at 2 hours and 34 minutes. It was my 2nd proudest moment in my life, followed behind graduating from college.
Tigh stuck with me the whole way, usually he would be long gone but I think we both had the fear of burning out. Since I am the slow one, he went with my pace. But it was also great company. We started this journey back in January of 2006, I said I was thinking about running a 5k and he said he'd do it with me. I never thought a year and 4 months later we'd be running a half marathon.
PS, I'll post pictures later.
Monday, May 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
WAY TO GO!!!!! I'm so proud of you.
Post a Comment