This week has been crazy busy. It all started Tuesday when my boss arrived from New Hampshire. I was at work for 10 hours Tuesday and then ran around the track 14 times that night. Wednesday and today were more of the same thing, minus the running, which is really throwing me off routine. Yesterday consisted of a whole day meeting. The only nice thing was eating w/my boss and two other co-workers after. We went to Capitol city brewery which is right across the street from Union station. It was pretty cool, I haven't been downtown since Melissa was here and it was nice going there and seeing the Capitol building and the Washington monument on the way in.
My boss and other co-worker asked if I was adjusting to DC. And I'd have to say yes, the first two weeks were nuts. Just crazy and I wasn't used to it, but now it's going pretty well. I like my job and I spent most of yesterday wondering how I got so lucky to be working at NOAA with all these smart people. They are doing some pretty great stuff with GIS and it's such a good thing for me to get involved with. I will have to say...I'll be happy when the bossman goes home tomorrow.
So I have signed up for two upcoming races. I am doing an 8K the day after St. Pat's day in downtown DC (a 5 miler), I am trying to talk my lunch buddies into running it but I don't think that is working well. I am also doing a 5K in Asheville next Sunday. I'm pretty pumped about that. I get two new, out of state, tshirts!!! Also, running the race in Asheville will be cool because my brother might run it. He was always the athlete in the family and here I am finally to a level where I can run a race with him. Also in the past I felt that maybe him and I didn't have much in common, with the age difference and living further away and stuff. But now it's pretty cool I can talk running with him and occasionally biking. He's the first person I call after all my races...even if I get last. :)
Only one more week till mom arrives! Next week at this time she will be here and I'll be packing to hit the road!
One more day of bossman......
Days till mom arrives and I get out of the city: 6 days!
Thursday, February 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think its great your running and have become so interested in the sport. Hopefully I can brush the dust off my running shoes and hit the road with you while you’re in Asheville. Have a safe trip and we cannot wait to see you.
Post a Comment